- Unique Yoga Retreat Venue in Cornwall, suited for small groups with up to 9 participants plus Group Leader
- Exclusive hire of the entire site including our five-bedroom Mill House, the Boat House log cabin, Sail House luxury yurt and all 5 acres of land & lakes
- Spacious conservatory with underfloor heating, ideal for indoor yoga classes and meetings
- 18 foot stream-side tipi perfect for group-work, circles and sound healing
- Accommodation for up to 10 persons in total across the 3 properties (with some sharing rooms); or up to 7 persons, each with their own room
- 3 night minimum stays
- Flexible arrival days, subject to availability
- Open all year round
- Price on application
PLEASE NOTE FULL SITE HIRE FOR RESIDENTIAL GROUPS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN 2024 – but please do contact us if you’d like to discuss options for day retreats for your small group on 01736 850 225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Pengelly Retreat provides unique and very beautiful Retreat Venue facilities in Cornwall for small organised Retreat Groups. We can accommodate yoga retreat groups and are also well-suited for holistic retreats or writing/painting retreats.
Full site hire of Pengelly Retreat includes the four-bedroom Mill House plus The Boat House log cabin and The Sail House luxury yurt. All 5 acres of gardens, lakes and land and the stream-side 18 foot tipi are also for the private use of the hirer.
With plenty of private space to explore, this is the perfect solution for a small, organised group holiday in Cornwall such as a yoga or writers retreat. If you are a group leader looking for unique and flexible self-catering accommodation within beautiful, rural surroundings, you will certainly find plenty to inspire you here.
The three properties include a lakeside cabin and luxury yurt (each sleeping 1-2) and a traditional Cornish house (sleeping 6). Accommodating up to 10 guests at any one time, there can be up to 6 guests in The Mill House, up to 2 guests in The Boat House wood cabin and up to 2 guests in The Sail House yurt. Please contact us for more details of the accommodation set up.
The Mill House at Pengelly Retreat
For most of the year the five-bedroom Mill House is our family home and as the name tells you, it’s an old Mill with whitewashed and timber clad walls outside, and cosy, welcoming accommodation inside.
Downstairs, there’s a large well-equipped kitchen with underfloor heating and large wooden table which can seat eight guests around it. The kitchen has all the usual mod cons including electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge and sink and is fully equipped with utensils, pans, cutlery and crockery along with the essentials like cooking oil, salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
Our living room area is a lovely, relaxing space with a huge open fireplace with a log burning stove, three-seater sofa, chairs and bean bags.
A door leads from the living room to the spacious conservatory with it’s garden views and underfloor heating. This can be a dining area where you can bring the outside in, even on a rainy day. This is also an ideal meeting or class venue with space for a yoga class of up to nine participants.
The Mill House is bright and airy with one downstairs double bedroom plus shower room & WC; and four upstairs bedrooms: 1 king-size with ensuite shower room, 1 double bedroom, 1 twin room and 1 single room. There is also an upstairs shared bathroom with bath, sink and WC.
The house has Wi-Fi but please note there isn’t mobile signal in the house. However, you can use internet calling and messaging by using the Wi-Fi.
Outside there is a large covered outside deck area with plenty of room to sit outside and enjoy the garden views. As soon as you open the kitchen door you hear the sound of birds singing and running water flowing through the ponds to the stream. So peaceful!
For retreat groups renting out the whole of Pengelly Retreat, you will have the place to yourselves to roam around and explore. There are 5 acres of land here with a combination of ornamental gardens, wild meadow, a stream bordering the land, ponds and large lakes with wild brown trout. You also have full use of the 18 foot stream side tipi which is a beautiful healing space and ideal for group work.
We are located in the countryside in West Cornwall so you will need a car to get around. About 10 minutes’ drive away is the excellent Farm Market Shop at Trevaskis which stocks fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, bread and general supplies and is open 8am-8pm every day including Sundays.
Mill House Features
- 5 separate bedrooms – 1 x kingsize, 2 x double beds, 1 x twin beds, 1 x single bed;
- 3 bathrooms – 1 shared bathroom upstairs with bath, sink and WC; 1 ensuite shower room with shower, double sinks and WC (ensuite to the kingsize rm); 1 shower room with shower, sink and WC downstairs (by the downstairs dbl room)
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Hand Wash, Body Wash and Shampoo provided
- Living room with TV with Freesat and DVD Player (plus an additional TV in the downstairs bedroom)
- Spacious conservatory suitable for yoga classes with up to 8 participants or meetings
- Kitchen with electric hobs and cooker, dishwasher, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle
- Utility room with sink, fridge, washing machine
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar
- Cooking oil, salt & pepper, herbs and spices
- Crockery, glasses and utensils
- Central heating throughout the house
- Underfloor heating in the main kitchen
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Free Wifi (suitable for emails, internet browswing but not for downloading large files)
- No mobile phone signal in the house, so need to use internet calling/messaging
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. Click on the links for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Spa & beauty treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
Pengelly Retreat is an ideal solution for organised groups, such as yoga or writers’ retreats, looking for flexible accommodation in Cornwall. Please note whole site hire is available only for organised teacher-led groups.
We can accommodate 7-10 guests with 6 in The Mill House (1 x king rm; 2 x dbl rms, 1 x twin rm; 1 x sgl rm), 1-2 in the Boat House luxury lodge (dbl bed) and 1-2 in the Sail House Cornish yurt (dbl bed). The Boat House is 200 metres walk from The Mill House and The Sail House is around 400 metres away.
Please be aware there is a lot of water including deep lakes on our land and there are unfenced ponds just outside our house.
Availability & Bookings
Please note there is a minimum stay of 3 nights for bookings of the whole of Pengelly Retreat. We are happy to talk about your requirements and put together a quote for you, please get in touch with us direct.