Lakeside Retreat | Group Accommodation in Cornwall
- Exclusive hire of the entire site including our four-bedroom Mill House, the Boat House log cabin, Sail House luxury yurt and all 5 acres of land & lakes
- Spacious conservatory at the Mill House ideal for indoor group gatherings, meetings and classes
Price on application
Sleep up to 12 persons in total across the 3 properties
4 night minimum stays
Flexible arrival days, subject to availability
Open all year round
Call us on 01736 850 225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
The Mill House at Pengelly Retreat is our family home and we live here on site for the majority of the year. I know, aren’t we lucky! However, we do on occasion and by special arrangement rent out the whole of Pengelly Retreat comprising the four-bedroom Mill House plus The Boat House log cabin and The Sail House luxury yurt. All 5 acres of gardens, lakes and land are also for the private use of the hirer.
With plenty of private space to explore, this is the perfect solution for an organised group holiday in Cornwall such as a yoga or writers retreat. If you are a group looking for unique and flexible self-catering accommodation within beautiful, rural surroundings, you will certainly find plenty to inspire you here.
Spend time onsite enjoying your country retreat, taking dips in the lakes, wandering through the meadows and gardens (with lots of wildlife and a magical secret garden) and relishing the tranquillity. When you feel like heading out, you can also take advantage of our central location in West Cornwall, discovering beautiful beaches, National Trust gardens and picturesque towns and villages, like St Ives, Hayle and Marazion (with its famous St Michael’s Mount).
Ensuring the perfect set-up, the three properties include a lakeside cabin and luxury yurt (each sleeping 2) and a traditional Cornish house (sleeping 6). Accommodating up to 12 guests at any one time, there can be up to 6 guests in The Mill House, 2 guests in The Boat House wood cabin and 2 guests in The Sail House yurt.
The Mill House at Pengelly Retreat
For most of the year the four-bedroom Mill House is our family home and as the name tells you, it’s an old Mill with whitewashed and timber clad walls outside, and cosy, welcoming accommodation inside.
Downstairs, there’s a large well-equipped kitchen with underfloor heating and large wooden table which can seat six guests around it. The kitchen has all the usual mod cons including electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge and sink and is fully equipped with utensils, pans, cutlery and crockery along with the essentials like cooking oil, salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
Our living room area is a lovely, relaxing space with a huge open fireplace with a log burning stove, three-seater sofa, chairs and bean bags.
A door leads from the living room to the spacious conservatory with it’s garden views and underfloor heating. This can be a dining area where you can bring the outside in, even on a rainy day. This is also an ideal meeting or class venue with space for a yoga class of up to 10 participants.
The upstairs of The Mill House is bright and airy with four bedrooms: 1 king-size with ensuite shower room, 1 double bedroom and 1 twin room. There is also a family bathroom with bath, sink and WC. Downstairs there is another double bedroom and a shower room with WC.
The house has Wi-Fi but please note there isn’t mobile signal in the house. However, you can use internet calling and messaging by using the Wi-Fi.
Outside there is a large covered outside deck area with plenty of room to sit outside and enjoy the garden views. As soon as you open the kitchen door you hear the sound of birds singing and running water flowing through the ponds to the stream. So peaceful!
For those renting out the whole of Pengelly Retreat, we will of course not be on site during your stay so you will have the place to yourselves to roam around and explore. There are 5 acres of land here with a combination of ornamental gardens, wild meadow, a stream bordering the land, ponds and large lakes with wild brown trout.
We are located in the countryside in West Cornwall so you will need a car to get around. About 10 minutes’ drive away is the excellent Farm Market Shop at Trevaskis which stocks fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, bread and general supplies and is open 8am-8pm every day including Sundays.
- 4 separate bedrooms – 1 x kingsize, 2 x double beds, 1 x twin beds;
- 3 bathrooms – 1 shared bathroom upstairs with bath, sink and WC; 1 ensuite shower room with shower, double sinks and WC (by kingsize rm); 1 shower room with shower, sink and WC downstairs (by the downstairs dbl room)
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Living room with TV with Freesat and DVD Player (plus an additional TV in the downstairs bedroom)
- Spacious conservatory with snug and dining area
- Kitchen with electric hobs and cooker, dishwasher, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle
- Utility room with sink, fridge, washing machine
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar
- Cooking oil, salt & pepper, herbs and spices
- Crockery, glasses and utensils
- Central heating throughout the house
- Underfloor heating in the main kitchen
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Free Wifi (suitable for emails, internet browswing but not for downloading large files)
- No mobile phone signal in the house, so need to use internet calling/messaging
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. Click on the links for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Spa & beauty treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
Pengelly Retreat is an ideal solution for organised groups looking for flexible accommodation in Cornwall.
We can accommodate up to 12 guests with 6 in The Mill House, 2 in the Boat House luxury lodge and 2 in the Sail House Cornish yurt. The Boat House is 200 metres walk from The Mill House and The Sail House is around 400 metres away.
Please be aware there is a lot of water including deep lakes on our land and there are unfenced ponds just outside our house.
Availability & Bookings
Please note there is a minimum stay of 4 nights for bookings of the whole of Pengelly Retreat. We are happy to talk about your requirements and put together a quote for you, please get in touch with us direct.