Lakeside Log Cabin in Cornwall – The Boat House
- Architect-designed lakeside log cabin in Cornwall with fantastic views over a wild swimming lake.
- Stylish interior with kitchen/living area, bedroom and ensuite shower room; underfloor heating and log burner
- Balcony over the lake, spacious outside deck areas for relaxing and dining, private fire pit area by the lake.
- NEW for Summer 2020: outdoor bath tub on the deck with lake views!
- From £90 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults
- 3 night minimum stays (4 night min stay in peak season)
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
The Boat House is an architect-designed, self-catering log cabin in Cornwall, enjoying pride of place looking straight down our largest lake with gorgeous sunrise and sunset views. A lovely country retreat near St Ives and Hayle yet surrounded by rural tranquillity, there is oodles of space and privacy all around, plus your own huge private deck area – part of which is cantilevered over the lake itself.
Wild swimming take your fancy? Then just climb down the steps from the lake house and plunge into the water for your morning swim. The inspiration for the Boat House was just that, hence the shape and design of the wood cabin with its large windows looking out over the lake.
Inside the Boat House, you will find a comfortable open-plan living space decorated in neutral scandi-chic tones and colours, complete with sitting area, cosy log burner and fully equipped kitchen. The large windows bring the outside in and allow light to flood into the cabin and, weather permitting, you can throw open the French doors to your veranda.
Walk through the open doorway and you’ll come to your peaceful bedroom space at the rear of the lake house with plush double bed. Your shower room is ensuite to the bedroom and has a shower, toilet and basin. In addition to the log burner, toasty underfloor heating ensures your holiday is as cosy as possible whatever the weather and hot water on demand means you can warm up after lake swims and days spent at one of the nearby beaches.
Outside, the Boat House has a neat sun deck with deck chairs and a coffee table and the most glorious views over the lake. Down a set of wooden stairs to the other side of the luxury lodge, you’ll find your private fire pit, table and chairs in a peaceful garden area by the lake. On a sunny day, you can’t beat time relaxing on your private deck and watching the clouds reflected in the lake.
NEW for Summer 2020, we’ve added a fantastic outdoor bathtub on the deck: sink into a hot bubble bath, with a glass of bubbles in hand and enjoy the stunning lake views.
- Plush double bed
- Ensuite shower room with shower, flush toilet and basin
- Outdoors bath tub on the sun deck
- Complimentary Pengelly Retreat Body Wash & Shampoo with essential oils
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Inside kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt & pepper provided
- Underfloor heating
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Log burner and first basket of logs provided
- Free Wifi in the gardens around the Boat House
- Veranda and sun deck with steps into lake
- Private garden area with fire pit
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. See the Retreat section for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
The Boat House is ideal for those who love beautiful lake views, the great outdoors and who want to explore West Cornwall and beyond, but don’t want to compromise on creature comforts – and why should you!?
The lakeside lodge has a double bed so is perfect for romantic getaways or solo holidays in Cornwall, savouring time out to relax, enjoy the peaceful surroundings and escape the hustle of everyday life.
Please be aware that the walk from the parking area to the Boat House is about 200 metres along gravel paths.
We don’t take children at the Boat House because of the safety concerns of being by the lake. The water is very deep and it wouldn’t make for a relaxing holiday if you are constantly keeping eyes on your kids. If you are a family and would like to stay at Pengelly then we do occasionally let out our house (we’re a family too so it’s perfect for kids). Please see the Pengelly Mill page for more information.
The Boat House is not dog-friendly accommodation; however, we do welcome 1 dog per booking for guests staying in The Sail House (a luxury yurt) so please have a look at that lovely option if you’d like to bring your dog with you. There are lots of great dog-friendly things to do in Cornwall, so take a look at our doggy page for some inspiration!
Stays from 3 nights, flexible arrival dates.