Lakeside Log Cabin in Cornwall – The Boat House
- Architect-designed lakeside log cabin in Cornwall with fantastic views over a wild swimming lake.
- Stylish interior with kitchen/living area, bedroom and ensuite shower room; underfloor heating (morning and evening) and log burner
- Balcony over the lake, spacious outside deck areas for relaxing and dining, private fire pit area by the lake.
- Outdoor bath tub on the deck with lake views!
- From £128 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults in a double bed
- 3 night min stays Oct-Mar; 4 night min stay Apr, May, Jun & Sep; 5 night min stay Jul & Aug
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
The Boat House is an architect-designed, self-catering log cabin in Cornwall, enjoying pride of place looking straight down our largest lake with gorgeous sunrise and sunset views. A lovely country retreat near St Ives and Hayle yet surrounded by rural tranquillity, there is oodles of space and privacy all around, plus your own huge private deck area – part of which is cantilevered over the lake itself.
Wild swimming take your fancy? Then just climb down the steps from the lake house and plunge into the water for your morning swim. The inspiration for the Boat House was just that, hence the shape and design of the wood cabin with its large windows looking out over the lake.
Inside the Boat House, you will find a comfortable open-plan living space decorated in neutral scandi-chic tones and colours, complete with sitting area, cosy log burner and fully equipped kitchen. The large windows bring the outside in and allow light to flood into the cabin and, weather permitting, you can throw open the French doors to your veranda.
Your peaceful bedroom space is at the rear of the Boat House complete with plush double bed. Your shower room is ensuite to the bedroom and has a shower, toilet and basin. In addition to the log burner, underfloor heating (morning & evening) provides a luxurious touch of warmth underfoot and hot water on demand means you can warm up after lake swims and days spent at one of the nearby beaches.
Outside, the Boat House has a neat sun deck with deck chairs and a coffee table and the most glorious views over the lake. Down a set of wooden stairs to the other side of the luxury lodge, you’ll find your private fire pit, table and chairs in a peaceful garden area by the lake. On a sunny day, you can’t beat time relaxing on your private deck and watching the clouds reflected in the lake. There’s also a fantastic outdoor bathtub on the deck: sink into a hot bubble bath, with a glass of bubbles in hand and enjoy the stunning lake views.
- Plush double bed
- Ensuite shower room with shower, flush toilet and basin
- Outdoors bath tub on the sun deck
- Complimentary Pengelly Retreat Body Wash & Shampoo with essential oils
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Inside kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt & pepper provided
- Underfloor heating (morning and evening)
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Log burner and first basket of logs provided
- Free Wifi in the gardens around the Boat House
- Veranda and sun deck with steps into lake
- Private garden area with fire pit
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. See the Retreat section for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
The Boat House is ideal for those who love beautiful lake views, the great outdoors and who want to explore West Cornwall and beyond, but don’t want to compromise on creature comforts – and why should you!?
The lakeside lodge has a double bed so is perfect for romantic getaways or solo holidays in Cornwall, savouring time out to relax, enjoy the peaceful surroundings and escape the hustle of everyday life.
Please be aware that the walk from the parking area to the Boat House is about 200 metres along gravel paths.
We don’t take usually children at the Boat House as the cabin is set up for 2 adults only and next to a deep water lake. If you are a small family and would like to stay at Pengelly then we can offer an additional single futon bed for 1 child in the Sail House yurt. Please see the Sail House yurt page for more information on this option and feel free to email us with any questions you may have.
Please be aware we do not take dogs at the Boat House cabin; however, we do welcome 1 dog per booking for guests staying in The Sail House so please have a look at that lovely option if you’d like to bring your dog with you.
Minimum stays from 3 nights Oct-Mar; from 4 nights April, May, June & Sept; and from 5 nights in Jul & Aug; with flexible arrival dates in all seasons.
Christmas and New Year stays: we have a 4 night minimum stay at this time of year. You can arrive any day up until 24 December for your stay and stay any number of nights from 4+. As per the bookings calendar, we don’t allow arrival days for new stays in-between 25 December and 2 January.
To view our 2022 tariff please click here. Or put in your required dates into the Availability & Booking calendar form below to see the total cost of your stay calculated for your dates.