The Boat House
- Architect-designed wooden house with fantastic lake views and a balcony over the lake
- Stylish interior with kitchen/living area, bedroom and ensuite shower room; underfloor heating and log burner
- Spacious outside deck areas for relaxing and dining, private fire pit area by the lake.
- NEW for Summer 2020: outdoors bath tub on the deck with lake views!
- From £90 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults
- 3 night minimum stays (4 night min stay in peak season)
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
The Boat House is an architect-designed wooden house in prime position looking straight down our largest lake with gorgeous sunrise and sunset views. In this lovely rural setting you have oodles of space and privacy all around plus your own huge private deck area, part of which is cantilevered over the lake itself.
Wild swimming take your fancy? Then just climb down the steps and plunge into the lake for your morning swim. The inspiration for the Boat House was just that, hence the shape and design of the house with its large windows looking out over the lake.
Inside the Boat House you will find a comfortable open-plan living space decorated in neutral scandi-chic tones and colours, complete with sitting area, cosy log burner and fully equipped kitchen. The windows allow light to flood in and, weather permitting, you can throw open the french doors to your veranda. Walk through the open doorway and you’ll come to your peaceful bedroom space at the rear of the house with plush double bed. Your shower room is ensuite to the bedroom and has shower, toilet and basin.
In addition to the log burner, underfloor heating ensures the Boat House stays cosy throughout the season. And there’s hot water on demand here too for hot showers after a swim in the lake or a day spent surfing at one of the nearby beaches.
Outside there’s a neat sun deck with deck chairs and a coffee table and the most glorious views over the lake. Down a set of wooden stairs to the other side of the Boat House, you’ll find your private fire pit, table and chairs in a peaceful garden area by the lake.
The concept of the Boat House is to bring the outside in whatever the weather. The large windows allow you to enjoy the rural and lakeside surrounds. While on a sunny day you can’t beat time relaxing on your private deck and watching the clouds reflected in the lake.
NEW for Summer 2020, we’ve added a fantastic outdoors bath tub on the deck: sink in to a hot bubble bath, with a glass of bubbles in hand (?!), and enjoy the stunning lake views.
- Plush double bed
- Ensuite shower room with shower, flush toilet and basin
- Outdoors bath tub on the sun deck
- Complimentary Pengelly Retreat Body Wash & Shampoo with essential oils
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Inside kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt & pepper provided
- Underfloor heating
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Log burner and first basket of logs provided
- Free Wifi in the gardens around the Boat House
- Veranda and sun deck with steps into lake
- Private garden area with fire pit
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. See the Retreat section for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
The Boat House is ideal for those who love beautiful lake views and the great outdoors, but don’t want to compromise on creature comforts – and why should you!
The accommodation has a double bed so is perfect for couples or singles wanting time out to relax, enjoy the peaceful surroundings and escape the hustle of everday life.
Please be aware that the walk from the parking area to the Boat House is about 200 metres along gravel paths.
We don’t take children at the Boat House because of the safety concerns of being by the lake. The water is very deep and it wouldn’t make for a relaxing holiday if you are constantly keeping eyes on your kids. If you are a family and would like to stay at Pengelly then we do occasionally let out our house (we’re a family too so it’s perfect for kids). Please see the Pengelly Mill page for more information.
We don’t take dogs in the Boat House – we do however welcome 1 dog per booking for guests staying in The Sail House or The Mill Annexe so please have a look at those two lovely options if you’d like to bring your dog with you.
Stays from 3 nights, flexible arrival dates.