- *** Stays from 2 nights & Long Stay Offers ***
- **Bring your dog too for winter stays November – Feb**
- Award-winning, architect-designed lakeside cabin in Cornwall with fantastic views over our natural lake.
- Stylish design with kitchen/living area, bedroom, ensuite shower room and lakeside outdoor bath tub.
- Cosy and fully insulated build with underfloor heating (morning and evening) and log burner.
- Spacious lakeside deck and garden areas for relaxing & dining.
- Home movie projector kit for rainy days and cosy evenings.
- From £153 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults in a double bed
- 2 night min September-April; 3 night min May-August
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
STAY LONGER PAY LESS: you can now stay at the Boat House Cabin for a 2 night mini romantic getaway! And if you stay 3 nights or more September-April you’ll receive a nightly discount (best rates for 4 night or more stays). For stays in our peak season of May-August, we have a 3 night minimum stay and guests staying longer than 5 nights will receive a long stay discount.
The Boat House is an architect-designed, self-catering lakeside cabin in Cornwall, enjoying pride of place looking straight down our largest lake with gorgeous sunrise and sunset views. A lovely country retreat near St Ives and Hayle yet surrounded by rural tranquillity, there is oodles of space and privacy all around, plus your own huge private deck area – part of which is cantilevered over the lake itself.
The inspiration for the Boat House lakeside cabin was just that, hence the shape and design of the wood cabin with its large windows looking out over the lake.
Inside the Boat House cabin, Cornwall you will find a comfortable open-plan living space decorated in neutral scandi-chic tones and colours, complete with sitting area, cosy log burner and fully equipped kitchen. The large windows bring the outside in and allow light to flood into the cabin and, weather permitting, you can throw open the French doors to your veranda.
Your peaceful bedroom space is at the rear of the Boat House cabin complete with plush double bed. Your shower room is ensuite to the bedroom and has a shower, toilet and basin. In addition to the log burner, underfloor heating (morning & evening) provides a luxurious touch of warmth underfoot and hot water on demand means you can warm up after days spent at one of the nearby beaches.
Outside, the Boat House lakeside cabin has a neat sun deck with deck chairs and a coffee table and the most glorious views over the lake. Down a set of wooden stairs to the other side of the luxury lodge, you’ll find your private fire pit, table and chairs in a peaceful garden area by the lake. On a sunny day, you can’t beat time relaxing on your private deck and watching the clouds reflected in the lake. There’s also a fantastic outdoor bathtub on the deck: sink into a hot bubble bath, with a glass of bubbles in hand and enjoy the stunning lake views.
Inside The Boat House Lakeside Cabin, Cornwall
- Plush double bed
- Ensuite shower room with shower, flush toilet and basin
- Complimentary Bramley Hand Wash, Body Wash & Shampoo with essential oils
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Inside kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, sink, fridge, slow cooker, toaster and kettle
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt & pepper provided
- Underfloor heating (morning and evening)
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights and sockets
- Log burner and first basket of logs provided
- Home cinema projector & screen (bring a laptop)
- Free Wifi (and around the gardens)
- Cycling and walking maps
- Lakeside sheltered outdoor bath tub
- Veranda and sun deck with steps into lake
- Outdoor sun deck sofa & table
- Private garden area with fire pit
- Rowing boat for Boat House guests
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
The Boat House Cabin is ideal for those who love beautiful lake views, the great outdoors and who want to explore West Cornwall and beyond, but don’t want to compromise on creature comforts – and why should you!?
The lakeside cabin has a double bed so is perfect for romantic getaways or solo holidays in Cornwall, savouring time out to relax, enjoy the peaceful surroundings and escape the hustle of everyday life.
Please be aware that the walk from the parking area to the Boat House is about 200 metres along gravel paths.
We don’t take usually children at the Boat House as the cabin is set up for 2 adults only and next to a deep water lake. If you are a small family and would like to stay at Pengelly then we can offer an additional single futon bed for 1 child in the Sail House yurt. Please see the Sail House yurt page for more information on this option and feel free to email us with any questions you may have.
Please be aware we do not take dogs at the Boat House cabin; however, we do welcome 1 dog per booking for guests staying in The Sail House so please have a look at that lovely option if you’d like to bring your dog with you. NEW FOR 2023/23 – we are happy to welcome your dog too for winter stays at the Boat House Cabin (November-February). Please just email us in advance of booking to let us know you’d like to bring your dog too – £15 per night dog fee payable locally.
Minimum stays from 3 nights all year, except July and August when it’s 4 nights. Flexible arrival days, excluding Saturdays.
Christmas and New Year stays: we have a 4 night minimum stay at this time of year. You can arrive any day up until 24 December for your stay and stay any number of nights from 4+. As per the bookings calendar, we don’t allow arrival days for new stays in-between 25 December and 2 January.
Price & Special Offers
Select your required dates in the Availability & Booking calendar form below to see the total cost of your stay calculated for your chosen dates.
STAY LONGER PAY LESS: you can now stay at the Boat House Cabin for a 2 night mini romantic getaway! And if you stay 3 nights or more September-April you’ll receive a nightly discount (best rates for 4 night or more stays). For stays in our peak season of May-August, we have a 3 night minimum stay and guests staying longer than 6 nights will receive a long stay discount.