The Mill Annexe
- To request dates in 2020 or beyond, please email us direct at email@example.com
- Cosy, self-contained ground floor apartment
- Adjoined to the main Mill House with own parking & entrance
- From £40 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults
- 1 dog per booking welcome
- 2 night minimum stays
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
The Mill Annexe is a comfortable and self-contained annexe apartment adjoined to our family home, Pengelly Mill. It has its own private entrance, a spacious sleeping/living room with double bed, a small kitchenette with microwave (but no hob) and a shower room.
The Mill Annexe is located just through the Pengelly Retreat entrance gates and there is a gravel parking area immediately outside the front door, so no long walks from car to accommodation. Guests staying in the Annexe are very welcome to explore and enjoy our 5 acres of land, lakes and gardens. This is an ideal base for your holiday as we are located in peaceful countryside, but just 15 minutes’ drive from both north and south coasts.
The front door of the Annexe takes you through to a hall with plenty of space for hanging coats and storing muddy boots. There is a good sized bedroom/living room with pretty garden view out of the window. Here you will find a comfy double bed, bedroom furniture, table and chairs and TV.
The shower room has a WC, wash basin and electric shower and is decorated with Cornish tiles.
The Annexe’s kitchenette is well equipped with toaster, kettle, microwave, electric slow cooker, small sink, fridge/freezer, storage cupboards, plates, cutlery, mugs etc. It works well for making breakfasts and light meals, but it’s a small room so not for cooking up a storm! There isn’t a hob or oven, but we’re happy to lend you our BBQ on request, just ask. The washing machine is in the kitchenette and you are very welcome to use this. We will also need to use the washing machine and freezer occasionally. However we will be considerate and not disturb you when you are in.
We live in the main house here on site. We are very happy to help you with any advice or recommendations about the local area. However we will leave you in peace to enjoy your holiday.
We welcome 1 well-behaved dog per booking, but please be aware that the main room in the Annexe is carpeted. We ask you to keep your dog off the beds and chairs and bring your dog’s basket and a blanket to protect the carpet.
- Double bed
- Travel cot can be provided on request (suitable for young baby, under 2 yrs old)
- TV with FreeSat
- Shower room with shower, basin and flush toilet
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Small kitchenette with microwave, slow cooker, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle (nb no hobs)
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread (for stays of 3 nights or more)
- Tea, coffee, sugar provided
- Kitchenette crockery, glasses and utensils
- Radiator heating in main room, hall and shower room
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Free Wifi (suitable for emails, internet browswing but not for downloading large files)
- No mobile phone signal in the house, so need to use internet calling/messaging
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. See the Retreat section for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapist (off-site)
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
- Bicycle hire delivered to your accommodation
The Mill Annexe is ideal for couples or single travellers looking for comfortable, great value accommodation from which to explore this lovely area of Cornwall. We are surrounded by countryside, great for walking or cycling and just 15 minutes’ drive from both north and south coasts.
We allow short-stays and flexible arrivals on any day of the week.
You are welcome to bring your (well-behaved!) dog with you to stay, this is a brilliant area for walks, but we ask you to keep your dog off the furniture in the Annexe and not to allow muddy paws on the carpet. If you would like to bring your dog with you please let us know in the Notes section of the booking form.