Luxury Yurt in Cornwall by a Wild Swimming Lake
- Hand-crafted, unique and luxury lakeside double yurt in Cornwall
- Bespoke double bed, well equipped kitchen, underfloor heating, electric lights, log burner and sunrise/sunset lake views
- Bathroom yurt is fully ensuite and complete with freestanding bath tub, wash basin & flush toilet
- Private boardwalk and outside shower, sun terrace, outdoor firepit & dining areas
- Home movie projector kit for rainy days and cosy evenings
- From £118 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults in a double bed. Additional single futon bed available – see notes below
- 1 well behaved dog per booking welcome
- 3 night min stays Oct-Mar; 4 night min stay Apr, May, Jun & Sep; 5 night min stay Jul & Aug
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
The Sail House is a luxury yurt tucked away at the end of a large lake in a secluded spot in West Cornwall, not far from Hayle and St Ives. A self-catering, dog-friendly yurt, the main area is a spacious 20 foot in diameter and is connected to a smaller en-suite bathroom yurt, complete with luxurious bathtub. Both are constructed of green waterproofed cotton canvas and beautiful polished wood to blend in with their gorgeous rural lakeside surroundings.
Our Sail House yurts are based on the traditional Central Asian design but are made here in Cornwall with some clever adaptations. As well as the hardy waterproof canvas materials, the roofs have a steeper pitch that gives a wonderful light and airy feeling inside and ensures any rainwater runs off efficiently. We have added underfloor heating to add a touch of luxurious warmth underfoot in the mornings & evenings and there is a log-burner in the larger yurt too, perfect for keeping the whole space warm and cosy (and essential to use in the cooler months).
The Sail House is decorated in cool tones, natural colours and materials to reflect the great outdoors that is literally there on your doorstep. At night you’ll sleep in a bespoke wood-frame double bed and in the morning you can step out onto your private lakeview decking area with mirror-like water to either side of you.
In front of the Sail House entrance is a wooden boardwalk and pontoon with planting either side which takes you to a private sun terrace with wicker cocoon chair where you can catch the sun’s rays all day long. To the left of the entrance there are steps up to a raised bank looking over the lake; it’s here you’ll find your outside kitchen area and firepit for dinner by the lake! If the weather’s not being so kind, then you also have the luxury of the main yurt’s indoor kitchenette area, complete with kettle, toaster, double hob, microwave and fridge.
In your en-suite bathroom yurt you’ll find a flush toilet, basin and luxurious bathtub with shower attachment. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous and the sun is shining, then you can shower off in the very private outside hot shower with its views over the lake.
There is something magical about the setting of the Sail House, the favourite of many of our guests. If you are looking for complete seclusion over a long luxury weekend break, an unusual romantic getaway or a relaxing yoga and spa break in Cornwall, then this is the place for you.
Inside The Sail House
- Bespoke wood-frame double bed, with electric under-blanket
- Extra single futon bed also available – please see notes below in the “Suitable for” section
- En-suite bathroom yurt with bathtub, shower attachment, flush toilet and basin
- Complimentary Pengelly Retreat Body Wash & Shampoo with essential oils
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Inside kitchen with microwave, hob, sink, fridge, slow cooker, toaster and kettle
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt & pepper provided
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Underfloor heating for underfoot warmth (mornings & evenings)
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lighting and sockets
- Home cinema projector and screen (bring a laptop)
- Log burner and first basket of logs provided
- Free Wifi inside (and around the gardens)
- Panoramic roof window with lake/garden views
- Cycling and walking maps
- Private boardwalk and sun deck
- Sun deck double seated swimming hammock chair
- Outside (hot) shower
- Lakeside pontoon with steps into the lake
- Paddleboard for lake use
- Outside (hot water) kitchen area and firepit on adjacent bank
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. See the Retreat section for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapists
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
The Sail House is tailor-made for those looking for a peaceful, private yurt holiday in Cornwall, with gorgeous lakeside views and ample space to roam. A beautiful country retreat, you can really connect with nature here and just spend time enjoying the surroundings and the wildlife. There’s a grey heron who is a frequent visitor to this part of the lake and we often see kingfishers here too.
It’s a great choice for a couples getaway or indulgent solo holiday, getting away from it all and spending time in the great outdoors without having to give up on those luxuries like a soak in a bathtub or a warm floor in the morning.
The walk to the Sail House from the car park is about 400 metres along a mixture of gravel paths and mown grass paths.
We are happy to accept 1 well-behaved dog per booking at the Sail House, please note this must be booked in advance and there is a charge of £15 per stay for your dog. We also ask you to abide by our few simple rules for dog owners which are outlined in the Dogs Rules OK section of the website. There are lots of dog-friendly activities in Cornwall – take a look at some suggestions here.
While the Sail House yurt is ideally suited to couples or singles, we do on occasion take bookings for small families too and can provide a single futon bed for 1 child. However please be aware that the Sail House is next to a deep water, unfenced lake and is therefore not suitable for young children who don’t understand the dangers of water. There is an additional charge of £15 per night (payable locally) and we will provide bedding for the single futon bed and towels. Please let us know in the notes section of your booking that you are bringing your child with you.
Minimum stays from 3 nights Oct-Mar; from 4 nights Apr, May, June & Sep; and from 5 nights Jul & Aug, with flexible arrival days in all seasons.
Christmas and New Year stays: we have a 4 night minimum stay at this time of year. You can arrive any day up until 24 December for your stay and stay any number of nights from 4+. As per the bookings calendar, we don’t allow arrival days for new stays in-between 25 December and 2 January.
To view our 2022 tariff please click here. Or put in your required dates into the Availability & Booking calendar form below to see the total cost of your stay calculated for your dates.