The Sail House
- Fabulous ensuite double-yurt with underfloor heating, electric lights, log burner and sunset lake views
- Bathroom yurt is fully ensuite to the main yurt, complete with freestanding bath tub, wash basin & flush toilet
- Private boardwalk, sun terrace, outdoor firepit & dining area
- From £75 per night
- Sleeps 2 adults
- 3 night minimum stays (4 nights min in peak season)
- Flexible arrival days
- Open all year round
The Sail House is a luxurious and very private double yurt tucked away at the furthest end of our main lake in a secluded spot with gorgeous sunset views. The main yurt of the Sail House is a spacious 20 foot in diameter and it is connected to a smaller en-suite bathroom yurt, complete with luxurious bathtub. Both are constructed of green waterproofed cotton canvas and beautiful polished wood to blend in with their gorgeous rural lakeside surroundings.
Our Sail House yurts are based on the traditional Central Asian design but are made here in Cornwall with some clever adaptations. As well as the hardy waterproof canvas materials, the roofs have a steeper pitch that gives a wonderful light and airy feeling inside and ensures any rainwater runs off efficiently. We have added in underfloor heating to keep you warm and cosy whatever the weather outside may be up to. And there is a log-burner in the larger yurt which is perfect for relaxing around on a cooler evening.
The Sail House is decorated in cool tones, natural colours and materials to reflect the great outdoors that is literally there on your doorstep. At night you’ll sleep in a bespoke wood-frame double bed and in the morning step out onto your private decking area with lakes to either side of you.
In front of the Sail House entrance is a wooden boardwalk and pontoon with planting either side which takes you to a private sun terrace where you can catch the sun’s rays all day long. To the left of the entrance there are steps up to a raised bank looking over the lake and it’s here you’ll find your outside kitchen area and firepit. What an amazing spot for dinner by the lake! If the weather’s not being so kind, then you also have the luxury of your indoor kitchenette area in the main yurt complete with kettle, toaster, double hob, microwave and fridge.
In your en-suite bathroom yurt you’ll find a flush toilet, basin and luxurious bathtub with shower attachment. Or if you’re feeling adventurous and the sun is shining, then shower off in the very private outside shower with its views over the lake.
There is something magical about the setting of the Sail House and although not our most expensive accommodation, for many of our guests this is their favourite. If you are looking for complete seclusion and a relaxing getaway in nature, then this is the place for you.
- Bespoke wood-frame double bed
- En-suite bathroom yurt with bathtub, shower attachment, flush toilet and basin
- Complimentary Pengelly Retreat Body Wash & Shampoo with essential oils
- Bed linens and bathroom towels provided
- Inside kitchen with microwave, hob, sink, fridge, toaster and kettle
- Welcome pack of butter, milk, locally made jam and fresh bread
- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt & pepper provided
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Underfloor heating
- Hot water on demand
- Electric lights
- Log burner and first basket of logs provided
- Free Wifi accessible outside and in the gardens
- Private boardwalk and sun deck with pontoon over the lake
- Outside kitchen area and firepit on adjacent bank
- Body boards, buckets and spades etc available to borrow
- Cycling and walking maps
Subject to availability. Please indicate on your booking form if any of these services are of interest to you and we will send you through the relevant information. See the Retreat section for more details.
- Cornish Food Boxes delivered to your accommodation
- Holistic treatments from our recommended therapist (off-site)
- Private yoga session with local practitioner
- Bicycle hire delivered to your accommodation
The Sail House is tailor-made for those looking for a peaceful hideaway, with gorgeous lakeside views. This is a place where you can really connect with nature and just spend time enjoying the surroundings and the wildlife. There’s a grey heron who is a frequent visitor to this part of the lake and we often see kingfishers here too.
It’s a great choice for any couple or single looking to get away from it all and spend time in the great outdoors without having to give up on those luxuries like a soak in a bathtub or a warm floor in the morning. You have space and privacy in abundance here, a place to reflect, mediate and reconnect.
The walk to the Sail House from the car park is about 400 metres along a mixture of gravel paths and mown grass paths.
We don’t take children at the Sail House because of the safety concerns of being by the lake. The water is very deep and it wouldn’t make for a relaxing holiday if you are constantly keeping eyes on your kids! If you are a family and would like to stay at Pengelly then we do occasionally let out our house (we’re a family too so it’s perfect for kids). Please see the Pengelly Mill page for more information.
We are happy to accept 1 well-behaved dog per booking at the Sail House, please note this must be booked in advance and there is a charge of £15 per stay for your dog. We also ask you to abide by our few simple rules for dog owners which are outlined in the Dogs Rules OK section of the website.
Stays from 3 nights with flexible arrival days.