Pengelly Retreat Terms and Conditions
Our Covid-19 Protocols
We are reopening our two lakeside houses on 4 July 2020 and we have made various changes to our procedures and protocols to enable us to do so. We are also signed up to both the Visit England Good to Go Scheme and the AA Covid Confident scheme – these accreditations confirm that we are in line with all government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We provide hand sanitiser outside each of our lakeside houses and we ask our guests to sanitise their hands before entry on arrival and after returning to your house after being out for the day. We also ask our guests to respect social distancing rules both while at Pengelly Retreat and throughout your visit to Cornwall. We have a list of guidance for during your stay and on your departure day which we provide to you before your arrival.
If you develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay at Pengelly Retreat we ask you to inform us by phone or email as soon as possible. You are advised to return to your main place of residence if you can safely do so, using your own transport, not public transport. Please note if you need to extend your stay at Pengelly Retreat you will be liable for all costs of the additional nights and the costs of the cancellation of other guests’ holidays.
Pengelly Retreat’s Cancellation and Change Policy for 2020 – In light of the situation and all the uncertainty on time frames, we are operating a fully flexible cancellation policy for all stays in 2020 for any guests who book with us direct via the Pengelly Retreat website or via email with us. This means that if you make a booking with us for a stay within 2020 then you may cancel that booking at any time before the booking start date and receive a full refund of your payment. Please be aware that this will also work both ways, and if we need to cancel your booking with us then we will do so – and likewise refund you in full. If you prefer to change the dates of your booking with us to a future date then we are also very happy to do this for you with no change fee and subject to availability. If your new booking dates fall into a more expensive season then we would discuss this with you and make sure you are happy to pay the additional cost before making the booking date change.
Check-in and check-out times – our check in time is any time from 4pm onwards on your arrival day. Check out is by 10am latest on your day of departure.
Departure Day– We ask guests to do the following on their departure day: check out by 10am, leave all neat and tidy, put all bed linens, towels and cloths into the laundry bag provided, remove all food and drink from the fridge and cupboards and take home with you, dispose of any rubbish in your bin and take your bin bag for disposal in the General Waste bins by the entrance on your way out.
- Payment must be made in full to guarantee your chosen dates.
- All bookings should be considered as provisional until you receive your Booking Confirmation from us. The Booking Confirmation will be sent via email after full payment is received.
- Payment can be made by Paypal Debit or Credit Card on line at the time of your online booking. Alternatively, bookings can be made over the phone or email and payment made by bank transfer.
- We only take bookings from guests over 18 years old.
- We reserve the right at all times to refuse or cancel a booking.
Cancellations & Changes (except for Stays in 2020 when the Pengelly Retreat Cancellation and Change Policy for 2020, outlined above, applies)
- Please ensure you are aware of our cancellation terms before booking and have suitable travel insurance in place.
- If you need to cancel or change your booking, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Dates can be changed (subject to availability) or cancelled with no charge up to four weeks (28 days) prior to arrival date.
- Date changes are not permitted within 28 days of arrival date.
- Cancellations within 27-14 days of arrival date are subject to a 50% cancellation change
- Cancellations within 13-0 days of arrival date are subject to 100% cancellation charge
- Cancellation charges are based on the cost of the accommodation plus any cancellation fees payable for any services booked.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking we will notify you as soon as possible and refund any monies you have paid to us in full.
Arrivals & Departures
- Please advise us of your intended arrival time in advance and let us know on the day if you are delayed.
- We ask you to arrive after 4pm and before 10pm on your arrival day.
- On your departure date please vacate your accommodation by 10.00am.
- Before you depart wash up, return all furniture and fittings to their original positions and leave all neat and tidy. Put all bed linens, towels and cloths into the laundry bag provided. Remove all food and drink from the fridge and cupboards and take home with you. Dispose of any rubbish in your bin and take your bin bag for disposal in the General Waste bins by the entrance on your way out.
- We are happy to welcome 1 well-behaved dog at the Sail House for a fee of £15. We ask to you to keep your dog off the beds and furniture and to bring a dog basket or blanket for them to sleep on. Please do not allow your dog into the ensuite bathroom and do not put your dog in the bath itself as this causes damage. Please supervise your dog when on our land and be aware that we have lakes with steep sides and deep water. Please don’t let your dog toilet on the lawns and dispose of any poos in an appropriate bin.
Damages and Breakages
- Please let us know as soon as possible if any damages or breakages occur during your stay so that we can fix or replace. If the cost of the broken/damaged article is going to be high for us to replace or repair then we will ask you to reimburse us for the costs.
- If anything isn’t working as you think it should be in your lakeside house then likewise please let us know as soon as possible so that we can help.
- Day visitors are welcome. Please let us know of their arrival in advance so we can sort out parking space. We also need their contact details in case of emergency. All visitors must leave by 10pm. Please observe social distancing rules.
Noise, Fires & Smoking
- Please keep noise to a minimum after 10.00pm and before 8am in consideration of all Pengelly guests.
- Do not leave any lit candles, lanterns or fires unattended.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of the accommodation at Pengelly. If you are smoking outside please keep well away from any of the buildings and always dispose of cigarette butts in a bin.
- By booking and coming to Pengelly Retreat you agree to be responsible for your own welfare and that of and any person in your care and to take all reasonable precautions against personal injury, injury to others and damage to accommodation and facilities.
- We have a lot of water including deep lakes with steep sides on our land so please ensure you are take all reasonable precautions around the water. Wild swimming is at your own risk and life buoyancy aids must be used if needed.
- We do not accept liability for any theft, loss or damage to your property that may arise from your stay at Pengelly Retreat.