Pengelly Retreat Terms and Conditions
Our Covid-19 Protocols
We are signed up to the AA Covid Confident scheme and we operate in line with all government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We provide hand sanitiser outside each of our lakeside houses and we ask our guests to sanitise their hands before entry on arrival and after returning to your house after being out for the day. We also ask our guests to respect social distancing rules both while at Pengelly Retreat and throughout your visit to Cornwall. We have a list of guidance for during your stay and on your departure day which we provide to you before your arrival.
If you develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay at Pengelly Retreat we ask you to inform us by phone or email as soon as possible. You are advised to return to your main place of residence if you can safely do so, using your own transport, not public transport. Please note if you need to extend your stay at Pengelly Retreat you will be liable for all costs of the additional nights and the costs of the cancellation of other guests’ holidays.
Check-in and check-out times – our check in time is any time from 4pm onwards on your arrival day. Check out is by 10am latest on your day of departure.
Departure Day– We ask guests to do the following on their departure day: check out by 10am, leave all neat and tidy, put all bed linens, towels and cloths into the laundry bag provided, remove all food and drink from the fridge and cupboards and take home with you, dispose of any rubbish in your bin and take your bin bag for disposal in the General Waste bins by the entrance on your way out.
- Payment must be made in full to guarantee your chosen dates.
- All bookings should be considered as provisional until you receive your Booking Confirmation from us. The Booking Confirmation will be sent via email after full payment is received.
- Payment can be made by Paypal Debit or Credit Card on line at the time of your online booking. Alternatively, bookings can be made over the phone or email and payment made by bank transfer.
- We only take bookings from guests over 18 years old.
- We reserve the right at all times to refuse or cancel a booking.
Cancellations & Changes
- Please ensure you are aware of our cancellation terms before booking and have suitable travel insurance in place.
- If you need to cancel or change your booking, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Dates can be changed (subject to availability) or cancelled with no charge up to four weeks (28 days) prior to arrival date.
- Date changes are not permitted within 28 days of arrival date.
- Cancellations within 27-14 days of arrival date are subject to a 50% cancellation change
- Cancellations within 13-0 days of arrival date are subject to 100% cancellation charge
- Cancellation charges are based on the cost of the accommodation plus any cancellation fees payable for any services booked.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking we will notify you as soon as possible and refund any monies you have paid to us in full.
Arrivals & Departures
- Please advise us of your intended arrival time in advance and let us know on the day if you are delayed.
- We ask you to arrive after 4pm and before 10pm on your arrival day.
- On your departure date please vacate your accommodation by 10.00am.
- Before you depart wash up, return all furniture and fittings to their original positions and leave all neat and tidy. Put all bed linens, towels and cloths into the laundry bag provided. Remove all food and drink from the fridge and cupboards and take home with you. Dispose of any rubbish in your bin and take your bin bag for disposal in the General Waste bins by the entrance on your way out.
- We are happy to welcome 1 well-behaved dog at the Sail House for a fee of £15. We ask to you to keep your dog off the beds and furniture and to bring a dog basket or blanket for them to sleep on. Please do not allow your dog into the ensuite bathroom and do not put your dog in the bath itself as this causes damage. Please supervise your dog when on our land and be aware that we have lakes with steep sides and deep water. Please don’t let your dog toilet on the lawns and dispose of any poos in an appropriate bin.
Damages and Breakages
- Please let us know as soon as possible if any damages or breakages occur during your stay so that we can fix or replace. If the cost of the broken/damaged article is going to be high for us to replace or repair then we will ask you to reimburse us for the costs.
- If anything isn’t working as you think it should be in your lakeside house then likewise please let us know as soon as possible so that we can help.
- Day visitors are welcome. Please let us know of their arrival in advance so we can sort out parking space. We also need their contact details in case of emergency. All visitors must leave by 8pm. Please observe social distancing rules.
Noise, Fires & Smoking
- Please keep noise to a minimum after 8pm and before 8am in consideration of all Pengelly guests.
- Do not leave any lit candles, lanterns or fires unattended.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of the accommodation at Pengelly. If you are smoking outside please keep well away from any of the buildings and always dispose of cigarette butts in a bin.
Use of the Property
- Pengelly Retreat accommodation is for holiday use only and must not be used for any other purpose. Your Stay does not give rise to any tenancy or the relationship of landlord and tenant between the parties.
- Your use of the property does not entitle you to charge an electric vehicle or appliance other than personal electronic devices.
- If you wish to engage any third party to perform any service (including by way of example private catering, childminding or entertainment services) at Pengelly Retreat you must obtain our written permission. Such permission should be requested in advance of your stay with details of the entity you intend to use to perform the service, the service to be performed and details of their public and employer’s liability insurance. Consent will only be given where we and our insurers are happy that the appropriate risks have been covered. The use of fireworks is not permitted in any circumstances.
- Any recommendation of a supplier made by us will be based on our genuine belief or experience or feedback received by us from other guests or local contacts. A recommendation by us of a supplier does not alleviate your requirement to obtain our written permission as set out above.
- We will not accept liability for the services provided (or failure to provide such services) by any third party supplier or business used by you in the course of your Stay (regardless of whether they are recommended or referred by us). This will not apply where we have been negligent or dishonest in this regard.
Responsibility & Supervision
- By booking and coming to Pengelly Retreat you agree to be responsible for your own welfare and that of and any person in your care and to take all reasonable precautions against personal injury, injury to others and damage to accommodation and facilities.
- We have a lot of water including deep lakes with steep sides on our land so please ensure you are take all reasonable precautions around the water.
- There must be at least one capable and responsible adult over the age of 18 in each accommodation.
- You are responsible for the physical supervision of all members or your party under the age of 18 at all times. This is particularly important when around any of the lakes or pools on the site.
- You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- We, our employees, contractors and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property.
- We, our employees, contractors and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for accidents or injuries to you and your party, either within the property or outside unless demonstrably caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct.