Pengelly Retreat Terms and Conditions
- Payment must be made in full to guarantee your chosen dates.
- All bookings should be considered as provisional until you receive your Booking Confirmation from us. The Booking Confirmation will be sent via email after full payment is received.
- Payment can be made by Paypal Debit or Credit Card on line at the time of your online booking. Alternatively, bookings can be made over the phone or email and payment made by bank transfer.
- We only take bookings from guests over 18 years old.
- We reserve the right at all times to refuse or cancel a booking.
Cancellations & Changes
- Please ensure you are aware of our cancellation terms before booking and have suitable travel insurance in place.
- If you need to cancel or change your booking, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Dates can be changed (subject to availability) or cancelled with no charge up to four weeks (28 days) prior to arrival date.
- Date changes are not permitted within 28 days of arrival date.
- Cancellations within 27-14 days of arrival date are subject to a 50% cancellation change
- Cancellations within 13-0 days of arrival date are subject to 100% cancellation charge
- Cancellation charges are based on the cost of the accommodation plus any cancellation fees payable for any services booked.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking we will notify you as soon as possible and refund any monies you have paid to us in full.
Arrivals & Departures
- Please advise us of your intended arrival time in advance and let us know on the day if you are delayed.
- We ask you to arrive after 3pm and before 10pm on your arrival day.
- On your departure date please vacate your accommodation by 10.30am.
- Please leave your accommodation as you would wish to find it. Before you depart wash up, tidy and return all furniture and fittings to their original positions. It helps us enormously if you can pile up any used towels and bedding so that we can see easily what needs washing.
- Day visitors are welcome. Please let us know of their arrival in advance so we can sort out parking space. We also need their contact details in case of emergency. All visitors must leave by 10pm.
- We are happy to welcome 1 well-behaved dog per accommodation. We ask to you to keep your dog off the beds and furniture and to bring a dog basket or blanket for them to sleep on. Please supervise your dog when on our land and be aware that we have lakes with steep sides and deep water. Please don’t let your dog toilet on the lawns around Pengelly Mill and the Mill Annexe and dispose of any poos in an appropriate bin.
Noise, Fires & Smoking
- Please keep noise to a minimum after 10.00pm and before 8am in consideration of all Pengelly guests.
- Do not leave any lit candles, lanterns or fires unattended.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of the accommodation at Pengelly. If you are smoking outside please keep well away from any of the buildings and always dispose of cigarette butts in a bin.
- By booking and coming to Pengelly Retreat you agree to be responsible for your own welfare and that of and any person in your care and to take all reasonable precautions against personal injury, injury to others and damage to accommodation and facilities.
- We have a lot of water including deep lakes with steep sides on our land so please ensure you are take all reasonable precautions around the water. Wild swimming is at your own risk and life buoyancy aids must be used if needed.
- We do not accept liability for any theft, loss or damage to your property that may arise from your stay at Pengelly Retreat.